Re: Aeskulap

* anyr@tut.by <anyr@tut.by> [100305 22:53]:

> In aeskulap debian bug #513503 I found description of my problem:
> > > As a sidenote: it's pretty tough to figure out for a Linux newbie why
> > > a CD from the doc doesn't work. The problem is case sensitive nature
> > > of Linux and case indifference of Windows, since the CD was written
> > > under windows without rockridge, so Linux mounts it to convert to
> > > lowercase, while the DICOMDIR contains paths and files in upper, or
> > > maybe even worse, mixed case. This results the file impossible to
> > > open, and the whole process to fail. Had to copy the cd, and manually
> > > set the case, in my case, uppercase. mount with conv=off doesn't work
> > > since it appends ;version. End of sidenote
> > Interesting use case.  If I would have been in your shoes I would probably
> > have tried to solve this problem with a script which creates upper case
> > symlinks.
> >
> In dcmtk help I found useful key:
> +m    --map-filenames
> map to DICOM filenames (lowercase->uppercase, and remove trailing period)
>
> But I don't understand how to use this parameter in aeskulap.
>
> Tell me please, how you solve problem with file name case.

I don't think you can use this from within Aeskulap. But you could
use the dcmtk command line tool `dcmmkdir' to create a new
DICOMDIR file. By default dcmmkdir rejects filesnames which does
not comply with the DICOM standard. That's where you may need to
set the --map-filenames flag.

Best regards - Juergen

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A