Re: MUSTANG -- Re:Upstream removing manpage attribution. WTF?

On 14/10/2009, at 12.41, Arun Konagurthu wrote:

Your juvenile self-indulgence and paranoia amuses me. While it was indeed a genuine oversight that caused your credit -- it was I who included your credit in first place, if I remember correctly -- to be deleted from the manual page, I will now *make it a point* to *remove* your man page from every future distribution of MUSTANG--- and there is a major one coming very soon!

You don't remember correctly. I contributed the manpage on 13. Jan. 2008, as documented by the attached email. The manpage contains my attribution, so you didn't add it.

Cheers,
Morten

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Arun,

I am the official packager of your great program mustang for the Ubuntu and Debian Linux distributions. The program is in Ubuntu 7.10 (http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/science/mustang), and the package is on its way into Debian "Sid".

As the Debian/Ubuntu distributions require a man page for all programs, I wrote one from the documentation I could find in your tarball. It is enclosed, and you are most welcome to include it in your distribution tarball of mustang. I hereby contribute it to the project, and you can distribute it under the same license as the program itself.

If you decide at some point to repackage the distribution tarball, it would be a good idea to include the text of the license in a file COPYING.

Best wishes,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard, asc. professor, MSc, PhD
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University

--- End Message ---