Re: r4182 - in trunk/packages/adun.app/trunk/debian: . patches

Hi Yavor,

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 09:36:36PM +0000, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> Author: yavor-guest
> Date: 2009-10-07 21:36:36 +0000 (Wed, 07 Oct 2009)
> New Revision: 4182
> Log:
> * New upstream release.
> * debian/compat: Set to 7.
> * debian/control (Uploaders): Reluctantly add myself.
>   (Build-Depends): Bump debhelper to >= 7.  Add imagemagick for the icon
>   conversion.
>   (Standards-Version): Claim compliance with 3.8.3.
>   (Depends): Add ${gnustep:Depends}.
> * debian/patches/10_gcc-4.3-inline.dpatch:
> * debian/patches/25_mipsel-ftbfs.dpatch: Remove; fixed upstream.
> * debian/patches/15_link-properly.dpatch: Update and remove the
>   workaround for the GSL linking issue; fixed in binutils
>   (http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2009-01/msg00413.html).
> * debian/patches/20_paths.dpatch: Refresh.
> * debian/patches/00list: Update.
> * debian/rules (external): New variable.
>   (build-stamp): Convert the icon in XPM format.
>   (install): Use dh_prep instead of dh_clean -k.  Install the XPM icon.
>   (clean-patched): Don't make the `clean' target, `distclean' is
>   sufficient.  Delete the generated icon.
> * debian/UL.desktop: Bump version, add Icon field.
> * debian/menu: Add icon.
> * debian/watch: Comment out the uversionmangle option, does harm with
>   the current state of affairs.
> * debian/copyright: Update copyright years.  Mention that the package is
>   distributed under GPLv3+.
> * debian/README.source: New file.

many thanks for your extensive work on adun.app.  I admit I hesitated to
touch this package because of the lack of knowledge of GNUStep.  Your
polishing of the packaging looks quite outright.  Again, thanks for this!

I have one question when looking at the upstream tarball which has grown
five times in size and probably one reason is the addition of
ExternalPackages/StepTalk:  I see the directory in the source but
neither do I see a sign that it is used in the build ("grep -i steptalk
*.build" is empty) nor do I see Debian's steptalk package in the
(Build-)Depends.  Could you clarify the issue of StepTalk?  If it is
completely unused code we might consider stripping it from the source
tarball.  (I'm a friend of cleaning source tarball from large chunks
of unused data - others don't.  So I leave it to your decision.)

I fixed two cosmetical lintian issues.  I'm also a bit concerned about
the lintian info:

   adun.app: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 4136kB 56%

So we might consider splitting the binary packages in an arch: any and
an arch: all (adun.app-common or something like that) which contains
all the architecture independent stuff.

I also have seen that you added yourself as Uploader.  That's perfectly
OK.  So if you think the package is ready for upload just go for it.