Re: MUMmer patches and Artistic license.

Le Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 08:41:05AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:50:10PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Hi, thank you for the comment.
> >
> > I will stop to apply this patch until a better solution is found.
>
> Charles, could you please give an update of the status of mummer package?

Hi Andreas,

Almost everything is done. There is a TODO point left in the changelog about
restoring a renaming. Since MUMmer is released under the artistic license, we
can not upload without double-checking that programs modified without the green
light of Upstream are indeed renamed. The reason I have not done so is that I
lost momentum when the upstream corrections for memory management took some
time to come. Everybody is welcome to do the upload after clearing this TODO
point. I plan to do this after uploading the bwa package that I prepared last
week, for which I will ask for a copyright review on the debian-med list. The
recent upload of infernal with incomplete copyright summary shows that we would
benefit seeking from peer review on this file for new packages.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,