Re: Slight issue with dicom3tools

Charles,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Charles Plessy<plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 12:30:51PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
>>
>> The full thread can be found here:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom/browse_thread/thread/719f2662d40e5c63
>
> Hi all,
>
> in addition to what has been discussed, the package may be uploaded to
> experimental instead of unstable until Upstream releases a first stable
> version.

I think the idea is that DICOM is a standard that get's updated
frequently. If one want to claim DICOM conformance, one has to
integrate not only released DICOM standard (such as 2008), but also
any Supp and CP that were released in between the official 2008 pdf
and the release of your code. As such it makes sense to make releases
based on date.

> (And for the licensing of the packaging, I always recommend to use the same
> terms as upstream's work unless the upstream license is non-free).

I seriously do not remember what I did. This might have been my very
first package and I might have been toying with dh_make. Hopefully
this would have been caught during the NEW process.

2cts
--
Mathieu