Re: ODIN! (was: ODIN, anyone?)

Hi Charles,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 07:26:05PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:08:21AM +0100, Michael Hanke a écrit :
> >
> > For one thing I want to ask for your approval. I've put the -med
> > packaging team as primary maintainer and me as uploader. However, I do not
> > plan to inject a debian-diff-only version into the -med SVN.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> as in Git each package has its own repository, the location is not so
> important. However, if the Debian Med packaging team is the primary
> maintainer, its members will maybe expect commit access.

That is true -- and the reason why I asked.

> So I would suggest either:
>
>  - Ask the Alioth admins to set write access to all DDs (it is unfortunately
>    not possible for -guest accounts) to the pkg-exppsy repositories, or
>  - Be the first package in a git repository under the debian-med Alioth

This sounds like my favorite.

Looks like such place does not exist yet, so it would need to be
requested first -- correct?

> PS: git clone git://git.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/odin.git gives an empty
> directory… is 'git checkout debian/1.7.0-1' the correct command to populate it?

In general, yes -- to checkout a tagged release. However, in this
special case the tag is bogus, since it came from git-buildpackage when
I imported the initial raw sketch of the packaging -- and forgot to remove the
tag :(

You probably want

  git checkout -b release origin/release

to get the latest status.

Otherwise take a look at

  git branch -r

to see the list of what is there.  For the meaning of the branches see
section 2. of this doc:

  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/.git;a=blob_plain;f=README.policy;hb=263dde3dd64193cb9bb4ee4ec76f017682cb6df2

Thanks,

Michael