Re: [Pkg-exppsy-maintainers] Team maintenance of Praat?

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 01:42:37PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> * Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> [2009-11-24 13:24]:
>
> > The package praat is listed as part of the psychology task of Debian
> > Med[1].  I wonder if it might make sense to put it under group
> > maintenance of either the Experimental Psychology Maintainers team
> > (fits probably best) or if there is no interest in the Debian Med team.
> > This might be helpful to make sure that we are not lagging behind
> > upstream (if there is no reason to stick to a certain version which
> > should be mentioned on the tasks page).
> >
> > Rafael, what do you think about this?  We would welcome new team
> > members and have good experience in team maintenance.
>
> The praat package may also interest the members of the Debian Science
> Team.
>
> At any rate, the praat package should not remain abandoned in Debian. It
> is highly actively maintained upstream and has a good user basis among
> speech scientists.

+1

praat is essential for psychological research on speech perception. The
package should live where it would get the most attention -- regardless
of the name of the team. ExpPsy can take it. However, we are probably
the smallest of all candidate teams. So, if there is a chance that it
would be better off staying in -science or -med that would be the
preferred choice, IMHO.

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke