Re: Git policy

Le Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 10:06:02PM +0100, David Paleino a écrit :

> +                        <para><userinput>
> +                            <command>mkdir</command>
> +                            <filename class="directory">package-version</filename>
> +                            <option># this is just to make dh_make happy</option>

> +                        <para><userinput>
> +                            <command>git import-orig</command>
> +                            <filename>/path/to/package_version.orig.tar.gz</filename>
> +                        </userinput></para>

[and much more…]

Hi David,

this will definitely be a nice addition to our group policy, please do not
hesitate to commit it.

I have a few comments:

 - In order to have ones name nicely displayed in the git log, it may be needed
   to do ’git config user.name "$DEBFULLNAME" ; git config user.email
   $DEBEMAIL’, if there is not a more global configuration in place.

 - Instead of ‘mkdir package-version’ we can use the option -p of dh_make.

 - ’git import-orig /path/to/package_version.orig.tar.gz’ will not create
   the pristine-tar branch without --pristine-tar option.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles