Re: Enhances field (Was: r1771 - projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks)

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille wrote:

> I'd like to give an update on the "Enhances" issue.  For the moment our
> development instance of the webtools (debian-med.debian.net and
> blends.debian.net) are running some new code which displays the packages
> which are enhancing a package at the bottom of the long description (if
> there is any such package).  Watch out for strings
>
>    "The package is enhanced by the following packages:"
>
> to see what I mean - there are not that many currently.  This is to have
> a first overview, which packages are concerned in this topic.  As I told
> you my plan is to include those enhancing packages into our bug
> sentinel.  The reasoning for using this control field is given below and
> in a discussion on debian-devel.
>
> Steffen, you had problems with this but did not responded to my last
> mail even if I explicitely asked you to.  So I assume you are either
> overworked or convinced.  I would like to continue with this topic and
> need a decision.  So I will *assume* you agree if I turn your
>
>   Enhanced-By
>
> fields in the tasks files into
>
>   Enhances
>
> fields in the package in question in our SVN to let it propagate with
> the next upload.  Please tell me if you think this is not a good idea
> and you are not happy with this change.

I feel mentally absobed, indeed. I don't agree, but let us see what happens.
How one names attributes we can still talk about at some later time.

Have many thanks for your efforts, I am curious to see what happens

Steffen