Re: Upstream removing manpage attribution. WTF?

Hi Morten,

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> I am in the akward position that an upstream author has removed the
> attribution in the Authors section in a man page that I have contributed.
> See the attached diff.
>
> I wrote an email making him aware of this, but have not received any reply.
> I think this is especially troublesome for someone aspiring to become a
> scientist.
>
> The man page was originally covered by the license in debian/copyright,
> which said:
>
> Copyright: of the Debian packaging is assigned to the copyright holder and
>  condition to the above license.
> License: BSD-like
>
> However, I don't think that gives permission to remove the author's name.
>
> What do you think?

it is strange. I could imagine that they had difficulties distinguishing the
authorship of the man page from the authorship of the core software somehow.

We could ban mustang from Debian, or just have some more relaxed view about it.

WTF sounds right to me.

Steffen