Re: [med-svn] r4096 - trunk/packages/vxl/trunk/debian

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 02:55:04PM +0000, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> +common-build-arch::
>> +     echo "$(pkg_lib): package-name-doesnt-match-sonames" > debian/$(pkg_lib).lintian-overrides
>> +     dh_lintian
>
> I don't think that ftpmaster will really like this.  Why not just
> adapting the package name?  If there are real reasons to do so please
> also add a comment about the reasons to the override.

This is just a lintian style issue. This is how -AFAIK- you can
provide a libvxl package which provides a libvnl.so /
libvnl_testing.so... I have been using it in GDCM, I saw that in other
packages too.

This is the same problem in ITK, you want "ITK" but none of the
library are actually called libinsighttoolkit.so.

--
Mathieu