Re: FreeDiams uploaded

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:21:48PM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> Oh I can create a command that automatically dld tar.gz file ? Very
> interesting. I'll take a look to doc.

Developers reference: 6.7.8.2. Repackaged upstream source

It is talking about repackaged orig.tar.gz but I think it is handy in
any way.  If you like to browse the Debian Med SVN for

    find packages -name get-orig-source

you will find examples for such scripts.  It is used as rule for the
get-orig-source target in the according rules file.  While this is
definitely not mandatory if you do not change the original tarball I
like to have a default way to get the original source and put it in
nearly all of may packages.

Moreover you might consider a debian/watch file once your original
tarball is online (see man uscan).