Re: Role of libeazel

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:48:24AM -0400, Sean Eddy wrote:
> I notice on the Debian mailing list that you are concerned about code
> duplication on our end. There is no code duplication; Easel is a
> single Subversion repository, and HMMER and Infernal source
> distributions simply get packaged with appropriately versioned exports
> from that repository.

This sounds reasonable.  While also in this case using a dynamically
linked library would sound a bit less resource hungry (Debian packages
will be builded for at least 11 architectures and mirrored to 1000
mirrors all over the world - so we care for size) I understand your
issue with the moving target libeasel.

> When the Easel API stabilizes, it will make sense to package it
> separately as a library dependency, but that will not be for a while.

That's fine.  If you are aware of this issue and consider the separation
of a stabilized API there is no need for pushing things foreward from
our side.

Many thanks for the clarification