Re: VXL: as part of Debian Med ?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 04:20:12PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Done, I was just waiting for the green light :)

The green light was given when you've got write permissions to the
SVN repository. ;-)
There is no need to hesitate code which has no chance to break anything
which is true for not yet uploaded packages anyway.

> In the meantime, I'll patch ITK package in trunk (Steve I hope you don't mind).

I quickly pbuilded vxl in a pbuilder environment and have two lintian
issues:

W: vxl source: patch-system-but-no-source-readme
N:
N:    This package build-depends on a patch system such as dpatch or quilt,
N:    but there is no debian/README.source file. This file is recommended for
N:    any package where dpkg-source -x does not result in the preferred form
N:    for making modifications to the package.
N:
N:    If you are using quilt and the package needs no other special handling
N:    instructions, you may want to add a debian/README.source referring to
N:    /usr/share/doc/quilt/README.source. Similarly, you can refer to
N:    /usr/share/doc/dpatch/README.source.gz for dpatch.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 4.14 (Source package handling:
N:    debian/README.source) for details.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
N:
W: libvxl1.13: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libnetlib1.13 libtestlib1.13 libv3p-netlib1.13 libvcl1.13 libvnl1.13 libvnl-algo1.13
N:
N:    The package name of a library package should usually reflect the soname
N:    of the included library. The package name can determined from the
N:    library file name with the following code snippet:
N:
N:     $ objdump -p /path/to/libfoo-bar.so.1.2.3 | sed -n -e's/^[[:space:]]*SONAME[[:space:]]*//p' | sed -e's/\([0-9]\)\.so\./\1-/; s/\.so\.//'
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Library Packaging Guide chapter 5 (shared library
N:    packages) for details.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: possible
N:

The later one causes me to repeat my suggestion to have a look at
d-shlibs (used for instance in libgenome).

Kind regards and thanls for working on this