Re: Sponsor for igraph

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 03:35:11PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for igraph. Everything was commit'ed as
> usual in debian-med svn trunk:
>
> Ref:
>    svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/igraph/trunk

Thanks for working on this.  Some comments:  I perfectly agree with
rebuilding original tarball to remove cruft (and IMHO a debian directory
inside an upstream tarball belongs into this category) but *I* would
prefer if this fact is simply stated in README.source.  I know the
content / usage of README.source is not yet defined about this issue
but if you ask me it simply helps and people will not be forced reading
debian/rules to find out what get-orig-source is actually doing.

Some nitpicking: I'm currently busy fixing wrong spellings of Debian
Med.  There was a longer discussion in Debian Edu and they involved some
native speakers: The '-' is no proper English so please use "Debian Med"
without the '-' and the packaging team now is:

  Maintainer: Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>

(just fixed in SVN).

I would also prefer machine readable copyright files.  This is no
reason to stop me from uploading - but for new packages I see some
advantage if this would be done right from the beginning.

Just running pbuild now - further comments might follow.

Klarmachen zum Ändern!