Re: Revisiting DebianGenomics wiki page

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:22:47PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I created these pages when it was time-consuming to modify our old task pages
> on the Debian website. Also, I was not aware that the number of available
> applications was so high !

We will never catch them all.  So I assume that the software listed there
has gained "some interest" before.  I'm not traing to target at "completeness".

> Do not hesitate to transfer the content of the wiki pages to our tasks page.
> But this is a lot of work, because it requires a long description for each
> package???

Yes.  This is the hard part.  But I intend to start removing those we just have
on our list (just done here http://wiki.debian.org/DebianBioinformaticsLibraries).

> There are smaller pages to start with, listed on:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Biology

Ahh, even more of this. ;-)
Which somehow proves my point that also Wikis become outdated.

> I will try to help you when I will split the biology task file, but I am not
> sure when I will start this.

Well, I also have not really time to sit down and do it now(ish).  I just
wanted to hear opinions what might be the right thing to do.  Just a quick task
for 5 min per entry and work down the list step by step over time.  Volunteers
are welcome as always ... ;-)

Klarmachen zum Ändern!