Re: more formally indicating the registration URL

Le Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 05:12:24PM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :

> I would be prepared to follow Michael's suggestion to flag debian/control
> files with a separate URL for the registration and parse that information for
> the pure-blends' package presentation scripts. Is there speaking much against
> such a pilot? Or should it rather be a comment in the description in analogy
> to the introduction of the "  Homepage:" indication?

Dear all,

I think that the issue of managing package metadata goes beyond homepage and
registration, I propose to start a discussion on the subject on debian-devel,
and to fall back on using the debian/control file if this discussion is not
fruitful.

The key problem is that the metadata can evolve independantly of the source
code, and that updating the binary packages just for changing URLs is not
suitable.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy