Referencing Debian/Ubuntu-supporting industrial companies

Hello,

in my recent ISMB summary post I had suggested to create pointers to companies in the life
sciences that officially state their compatibility with Debian and/or Ubuntu or their
products. Is anybody opposing that idea?

I am asking since the sole reason for the folks in a Linux BoF of the supercomputing
conference I attend (a portal is hoped to emerge at
http://wiki.debian.org/HighPerformanceComputing over time) was the support of their
hardware vendors for some particular distribution. So, most sites actually had all the
major distributions installed, since the had bought in the past from multiple vendors.

Consequently, when we can render it easy for potential buyers that Bioinformatics and
Medical-Informatics associated companies do support Debian/Ubuntu, then I this would
strengthen our distribution(s) considerably. And it also help the competition amongst the
vendors to show their support.

Best,

Steffen