Status of BioRuby

Hi,

while preparing my Debian Med talk for LSM I realised
that the libbio-ruby package is quite behind upstream
(we have 1.1 upstream has 1.3) and is not group maintained
as we try to approach for medicine / biology related
packages.  David, what do you think about maintaining the
package in Debian Med Svn and setting Debian Med packaging
team as maintainer according to our policy[1].

I doubt that we have any Ruby experts in the team to be
able to work on major updates but perhaps we can at least
try to work on the new package in case it work without heavy
changes in the packaging.

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html