MUMmer patches and Artistic license.

Hi Andreas and Steffen,

Taking a new upstream release as an opportunity, I have made a lot of
modifications to the mummer package. The current version in Debian relies
heavily on patches that are not documented and not always suitable for
upstream. I converted the pacakge from CDBS to debhelper in order to be able to
drop most of the patches. The first question I would like to ask is the
function of the changes made to the C++ sources of the ‘annotate’.

http://patch-tracking.debian.net/patch/series/view/mummer/3.20-3/01sm_src_tigr.diff

I am not sure if that was the purpose, but I noticed that ‘annotate’ was
renamed ‘mummer-annotate’, which makes us compliant with the Artistic license
under which it is released. But in addition some C shell programs were replaced
by Bourne shell counterparts, without being renamed. What would you recommend?
Drop the changes and ship the C shell versions, or forward the Bourne versions
upstream and ask permission for using them?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,