Re: Simple covariant return type

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Marcus Better<marcus@better.se> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> So my question: is it ok for package maintainer to use javac -source
>> 1.5 to compile code or will there be some portability glitch (user is
>> alowed to set other java compiler).
>
> It's certainly OK, even necessary in this case.

Mathieu,

Please make sure that the package dependencies reflect that the
package is built with source version 1.5. This can be done by
specifying the dependency 'java5-runtime'.

By the way, I am not sure why you are using ecj as compiler. I believe
GCJ/OpenJDK are the preferred compilers these days.

Cheers,
Onkar