Re: Version numbering scheme according to date (Was: [med-svn] r3340 - in trunk/packages/phyml: tags trunk/debian)

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Charles Plessy wrote:

It will be much much easier for us to track your future updates if you would
invert your versionning dates: YYYYMMDD instead of DDMMYYYY. Of course, other
versionning schemes are fine as well, provided that their numerical sorting
matches their chronological sorting.

Sorry for not checking upstream versioning before I wrote my last mail.
Surely I would not have recommended to diverge from upstream version but
I would have suggested exactly what you did.  IMHO it is also in the
interest of upstream to enable reasonable sorting of his released files.

Thanks for working on this