Re: wxwindows2.4 is scheduled to be removed

The current status of CTSim is:

1) It's stored in a local git repository. I've made local git branches for porting to wx2.6 and wx2.8 with the main changes being conversions of all strings to Unicode. The source compiles without warnings, but segfaults during GTK font initialization. I've worked a bit with the wx maintainer so took a look at the error, but no solution has been found. I went as fair as to comment out all the application-specific code from the wx startup function, but it still segfaults. I looked for
string overflows, but didn't find any.

2) I had the minor changes for Homepage, Vcs, Standards-Version -- but haven't uploaded them since the main issue is that I've not been able to successfully port to wx2.6 or 2.8. Plus, I made those changes to the 2.6 or 2.8 branch and haven't quite figured out how to apply that
patch to the wx2.4 (main) branch.

3) I'd welcome help with the wx port and fixing current bugs. If group maintenance is the best way to achieve that, then I'm agreeable to that. Alternately, I can handle all of the sophisticated mathematics in the program, so perhaps one time help on the wx port would be all would be necessary.
I prefer the latter, but, as above, I'm agreeable to the former.

If it seems helpful, I can tarball my current git development repository and post it on my web server. (Since I'm not that familiar with dealing with branches between a development repository and my master git repository, I've not pushed the wx2.6 and wx2.8 local branches to ctsim's master public repository which is git://git.b9.com/ctsim.git.) If someone could help with pushing my local porting branches to a master git repository, that might be best so that everyone submit patches relative to the master
repository.

Thanks for your interest, Andreas,

Kevin