Re: [Help] Failed to apply new Python policy to GNUmed packages

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>
>> In that case the .pyc files won't be loaded, but the .py ones, I guess
>> (please
>> somebody correct me if I'm wrong). Nothing to worry about as people
>> will usually
>> be using the default interpreter.
>
> I admit I really prefered the former behaviour of python-support to
> precompile
> for all Python interpreter versions which are mentioned in pyversions.
> If you
> install a package at a certain point in time and after this installation
> the
> python interpreter version will change the *.pyc files won't be used.
> If the
> *.pyc files would be generated for all available Python versions in a
> separate
> place you might even be able to trigger generating *.pyc files for all
> python-support controlled packages later on once a new Python interpreter
> will be installed.

I think pysupport does this for you. When the default interpreter changes, it
will regenerate all the .pyc files for the new one.

And FWIW I've just noticed that your dh_pysupport call is not correct, as you
changed Gnumed's path. You need to make sure you end with .pyc files together
with the .py files when you install the packages (which is not the case right
now). That's done in the postinst:

# Automatically added by dh_pysupport
if which update-python-modules >/dev/null 2>&1; then
	update-python-modules  emesene.dirs

Cheers,
Emilio