Re: software for tasks/imaging

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 09:28:33PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a suggestion for the imaging task [1]: an MRI simulator.
>
>   mrisim is a simple MRI simulation program which produces MINC
>   volumes from a segmented and labelled brain phantom.  It allows
>   intrinsic tissue parameters (T1, T2...) and pulse sequence
>   parameters (TR, TE ...)  to be specified and then produces simulated
>   images with noise.  Currently, no artifacts are implemented.
>
>   http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz/mrisim-1.0.2.tar.gz

I took a quick look and it seems to be an easy target for packaging (at
first sight only the manpage seems to need some corrections/additions.

However, it would be great to have a set of data to test its proper
functioning. The manpage refers to a 'phantom10.mnc.Z' file (for the
tissue segmentation template), which is not available. As I understand
it, I could easily generate one with 'fast' from FSL. However, I also
need to specify parameter files (tissue.prm, ...). While the manpage
describes them, there is no example in the tarball...

Do you have by any chance a set of such files to test mrisim?

In that case I would volunteer to package it. Otherwise I currently
cannot afford to fiddle with it right now.

Cheers,

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke