Re: [pkg-bioc] BioConductor

On 16 March 2009 at 22:34, charles blundell wrote:
| I do not see why cran2deb could not build bioc packages too: really
| it's R2deb that focuses upon cran at the moment. The only issue is the
| work involved in getting the dependency magic right (as often R
| packages have poorly specified dependencies and licenses). As Dirk can
| attest, this can be a rather time consuming and intricate task. Early

Right -- and domain knowledge would help too with respect to how the
different BioC pieces fit together: data sets, code, ...

| on in gsoc08 I built bioc and cran packages but dropped bioc because
| cran was the focus.

Exactly. We'd love to get something ready for the world to consume, and once
that is done, we can speculate about next steps like BioC, or more arches, or
maybe Ubuntu builds, or ....  One step at time.

Dirk