debian OID / dicom3tools packaging

Hi there,

  I am in the process of packaging dicom3tools:

* http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html

  One important step of the packaging is the DICOM UID. In order to
write a DICOM file, one need a unique UID for each instance of a DICOM
object.  For more details:

http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part2.html#UID

As documented at:

http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part8.html#UIDRegistration

To use SNMP one needs an Enterpise UID assigned by IANA, which is free
and may also be used for any other purpose that requires a UID root.

    * http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/enterprise.pl to register
    * http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers to see the registry

You use the assigned enterpise number as xxxx in "1.3.6.1.4.1.xxxx"

  Which would mean for debian that I could simply be using
1.3.6.1.4.1.9586 (https://dsawiki.debian.org/dsawiki/iana). Would that
be ok ? Should I be using some kind of subspace of this UID ? Since
this would be done for debian-med I would suggest:

$ echo "med" | od -b
0000000 155 145 144 012

 1.3.6.1.4.1.9586.155.145.144

This would be the toplevel (root) of all UID generated from the
dicom3tools package.

Thanks for comments,
--
Mathieu