Re: Fwd: Out-dated web content

(Taking this to debian-med@l.d.o, please follow up there)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:59:42 +0200 (EET)
"Menelaos Maglis" <mmaglis@metacom.gr> wrote:

> > English pages are just fixed since yesterday:
> >
> >     http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/dental.en.html
> >
> > translations will last a couple of days perhaps.
> >
> Your quick response and handling of the details, really made me feel
> nice being part of the Debian community/culture...
>
> Thank  you!
>
> I hate to be nitpicking, but the description on opendental entry "...
> only available for the Microsoft Windows family of commercial
> operating systems. " is off putting to the interested reader and also
> somewhat confusing. Why would a Windows-only software be advertised
> on the Debian web-site? Moreover, this statement is not "entirely"
> true, since there is a way to run opendental software on Linux.

Hi,

I'm the one who changed the entry for Open Dental. It was my impression
that there's only a Windows port available, and that the Linux port was
the (now abandoned) GNU Dental. It seems that I missed the fact that
you can (try to) run Open Dental on Linux, but it seems to me that
there are several problems and/or restrictions compared to the Windows
version.

Anyway, I've now changed the entry to mention the Linux porting effort.

Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Toedter   | There cannot be a crisis next week.
Hamburg, Germany | My schedule is already full.