Re: dicomscope packaging

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
>  I'd vote against shipping the very same code in two different
>  orig.tar.gz tarballs.  So if really needed (and upstream does not
>  find a way to change their build system) I would vote for adding
>  dicomscope to the dcmtk package and build an extra binary package.
>  But I have my doubts about this procedure because it implicitely
>  means that dcmtk is either not flexible enough to use or thet
>  dicomscope does not use dcmtk properly and IMHO this is no good
>  quality measure.

dicomscope was written by the dcmtk team. So I would say they
understand what they are doing. But this is true I simply followed the
build instructions as found in the dicomscope package (unix section).
I have not investigated whether this would be possible to build
dicomscope outside of dcmtk.

--
Mathieu