Re: ITP: GATE: Geant4 Application for Emission Tomography

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Nicolas Spalinger wrote:
>
>> Package: wnpp
>> Severity: wishlist
>>
>> * Package name    : gate
>> * Version         : 3.1.1
>> * Upstream Author : OpenGate collaboration
>> * URL             : http://www.opengatecollaboration.org
>> * License         : LGPL
>> * Description     : Geant4 Application for Emission Tomography
>>
>> GATE incorporates the Geant4 libraries in a modular, versatile, and
>> scripted simulation toolkit which is adapted to the field of nuclear
>> medicine both in PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and SPECT (Single
>> Photon Emission Computer Tomography). It allows the accurate description
>> of time-dependent phenomena such as source or detector movement and
>> source decay kinetics. The ability to synchronize all time-dependent
>> components allows a coherent description of the acquisition process. It
>> makes it possible to perform realistic simulations of data acquisitions
>> in time.
>
> Well, your ITP bug #431425 was just closed without because of inactivity
> for one year.  Nicolas, any news from packaging gate?
>
> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.

Dear Andreas and Debian-med folks,

I've mainly focused on rpm packaging (for a grid environment) but work
on the Debian packaging will be picked up soon. A new 4.0.0 release is
out as well and various things (dependencies, compilation methodologies,
etc) have changed so existing packaging will have to be adapted.

I've reopened the ITP and the WNPP page still lists GATE... but maybe
I'm missing something.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger