Re: how to collaborate with debian-med

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Paolo Ariano wrote:

sorry for the stupid questions but i'm really not a programmer and i
try to maintain imagej with very few time so every time i start to fix
bugs and something else i can' remember where i was ...

No problem - one purpose of thi list is to help out new maintainers of
medical software.

so imagej is now in debian-med, i've to update the source to the new
version of imagej, correct some mistake in the script, and if i well
remember some of you (thanks) made a lot of improvements in the .deb

now the question: which is the way i can collaborate ? if i well
understood i've to download via svn:

svn co svn
+ssh://paolinux-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/imagej/trunk/

here i obtain all the debian's file and i can modify it and to upload
again ?

The SVN is about storing the Debian packaging stuff and enable
cooperative work on this.  As you might have seen Charles and me did
some work on it.

how to upload also the new source of imagej ? i saw the command:
make -f debian/rules get-orig-source

This script enables you to obtain the upstream source which you
have to untar and copy the debian directory into the resulting
directory.

it download the source but how to upload it to new packet ?

If I try

$ who-uploads imagej
Uploads for imagej:
1.40a-1 to unstable: Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>
1.39q-2 to unstable: Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>
1.39q-1 to unstable: Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>

I see that you Federico sponsored the latest uploads.  So how actually
did you worked together with Federico.  We can establish the same
procedure with Debian Med members.

after i've modified i'll close the bugs with the standard debian
procedure and then the new .deb will be automatically uploaded to debian
servers or i've to do something else ?

No, there is no automatic upload - this has to be done manually as
always.

Please feel free to ask further question in case something remains unclear.