Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianMedTodo" by SteffenMoeller

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Debian Wiki  wrote:

  * Package one of the most wanted packages from each section
-   * Biology: [http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.html#mauve Mauve]
+   * Biology: [http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.html#mauve Mauve] ( ;o) this is a rather funny name conflict here, mauve is not only a multiple genome alignment tool, but also a java library. The real link should better be to [http://wiki.bioinformatics.org/Mauve here]. I left a bit puzzled now, maybe a better package name would be bio-mauve? or genome-mauve?)

Well, I'm aware of this name conflict and just contacted the authors of
"the other" mauve.  Here is a copy of a mail I've got: