Re: GDCM 2.0.6 is out !

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> understood. I'll be happy with any other system, for now it was just
>> very convenient for me.
>
> Sure.  That's why I tried to explain patiently why a think which might
> be convenient for the first time mighht cause problems.  It is no shame
> in it if you as a Debian newcomer handle things this way.  My suggestion
> would be to release another point release without this dir and all things
> are fine.
>
>> Done: malat-guest

Thanks !

> ... is now a member of Debian-Med team and have commit permissions.
>
>> Never heard of this tool, will look into it ASAP.
>
> It is very useful because it builds in a clean chroot system.  You
> have no chance to forget build dependencies which are often installed
> opn developer machines and thus the build works on the local developer
> machine.  Pbuilder has a clean chroot with very basic packages, installs
> all Build dependencies automatically and then tries to compile.  If a
> build fails because a build-depends is missing you will immediately
> notice.  Moreover you can build against different distributions when
> maintaining a stable / testting / unstable / whatever pbuilder chroot.

Nice ! when writing the control file, I was wondering how did people
manage to list all dependencies properly.

>>> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdmc/trunk/debian/?rev=0&sc=0
>>
>> Ok, then if you grant me write access, my first task will be to fix
>> the spelling :)
>>
>> gdmc -> gdcm
>
> Uhmm, sorry.  I'm so addicted to mc that I alsways tend to spell the
> combination of 'c' and 'm' as "mc" - please forgive me even future
> misspellings
> of this. ;-)  And, for sure, I fixed the problem caused ba me myself ...

cool.

>> those are only warnings the error must have been earlier (make -j4 was
>> hardcoded in the rules file so it takes a couple more iteration for
>> make to actually stop on the error).
>
> Ahh, OK, I trust you will be able to fix this problem because you know the
> code at best ...

Yup :)
could someone please give a crash course on how this whole thing works ?
I have been reading the section:

Using subversion to group-maintain packages
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed

So on my machine this means:

  cd /tmp
  svn co svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/
  alias svn-b='svn-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot --svn-ignore'
  cd debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk
  svn-b

I am getting:

        tagsDir: /tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/tags
        tagsUrl:
svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/tags
        trunkDir: /tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk
        trunkUrl:
svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk
dpkg-checkbuilddeps
fakeroot debian/rules clean || debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f debian/configure*stamp debian/build*stamp
rm -rf debian/build*
dh_clean
/tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6
exists, renaming to
/tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6.obsolete.0.879016953361319
mkdir -p /tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6/debian
 cp --parents -laf debian/libvtkgdcm-dev.install debian/control
debian/libgdcm2.docs debian/copyright debian/python-gdcm.install
debian/pycompat debian/libgdcm2.install <10 more arguments>
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is gdcm
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.0.6
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 2.0.6
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f debian/configure*stamp debian/build*stamp
rm -rf debian/build*
dh_clean
 dpkg-source -b gdcm-2.0.6
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field `Vcs-Svn' in input
data in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field `Homepage' in input
data in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field `Vcs-Browser' in input
data in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field `Dm-Upload-Allowed' in
input data in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: building gdcm in gdcm_2.0.6.tar.gz
dpkg-source: building gdcm in gdcm_2.0.6.dsc
 debian/rules build
dh_testdir
[ -d /tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6/debian/build-python2.4
] || mkdir /tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6/debian/build-python2.4
cd /tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6/debian/build-python2.4
&& cmake /tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr" \
                -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER="/usr/bin/cc" \
                -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-g -Wall -O2" \
                -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON \
                -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON \
                -DGDCM_BUILD_APPLICATIONS=ON \
                -DGDCM_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON \
                -DGDCM_WRAP_PYTHON=ON \
                -DGDCM_BUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF \
                -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release \
                -DGDCM_USE_SYSTEM_EXPAT:BOOL=ON \
                -DGDCM_USE_SYSTEM_UUID:BOOL=ON \
                -DGDCM_USE_SYSTEM_ZLIB:BOOL=ON \
                -DGDCM_USE_VTK:BOOL=ON \
                -DVTK_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib/vtk-5.0/ \
                -DPREFERRED_PYTHON_VERSION=python2.4
CMake Error: The source directory
"/tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6"
does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** [debian/configure-python2.4-stamp] Error 254
Command dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot failed in
/tmp/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm-2.0.6, how
to continue now? [Qri?]:
Aborting.

I am on a debian stable machine, do I need to simply update
dpkg-source from testing ?

Thanks,

--
Mathieu