MIPE and the license of its packaging.

Hi all,

I am preparing an upload of MIPE, fixing its BTS bugs (one is RC). There
is a patch, but according to debian/copyright it is GPL'ed despite MIPE
being LGPL. Would its author(s), Steffen and/or Andreas agree to
relicence it before I sumit it in MIPS bugtracker on Sourceforge ?

Given the triviality of the bug and inactivity upstream, it is not a big
issue. But on the other hand, it would clear our radar a little bit.

By the way, MIPE ships a DTD in /usr/share/mipe. I wonder if
/usr/share/xml/mipe would be more appropriate, but maybe in that case it
would require to write a catalog ?

http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/xml-policy/xml-dir-layout-file-placement.html

Have a nice day,

--