Re: Imagej group maintenance?

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Paolo Ariano wrote:

no problem for moving imagej into group maintenance, hope to
still help you but as i'm not an official developer I can't upload
packages to debian servers :(

So group maintenance makes even more sense, IMHO.  I'll keep you
informed.  Do you have an Alioth login to access the Debian-Med SVN?

for the watch file i need to write a correct one

You could either do this yourself or ask on the Debian-Med list for help
(hey, this is the sense of this group ;-)).

contrib vs. main ? I don't think is a java issue but in the imagej's
disclaimer:

ImageJ is being developed at the National Institutes of Health by an
employee of the Federal Government in the course of his official duties.
Pursuant to Title 17, Section 105 of the United States Code, this software
is not subject to copyright protection and is in the public domain. ImageJ
is an experimental system. NIH assumes no responsibility whatsoever for
its use by other parties, and makes no guarantees, expressed or implied,
about its quality, reliability, or any other characteristic.

IN how far is this a reason to put the package into contrib?  The code
is in PD and does not need any non-free stuff.  If it is free it can
go into main.