Re: About the latest versions of T-COFFEE in http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages. (fwd)

Le Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 12:07:04PM +0100, Cedric Notredame a écrit :
> Cher Charles,
>
> The current release is version 5.56, as indicated on the page
> http://www.tcoffee.org/Projects_home_page/t_coffee_home_page.html, this
> release number matches te version number contained in
> http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/T-COFFEE.version. This version has been
> tested and is therefore the new current release. This is always the case
> with any "default" version (i.e. the vesrion in
> http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/T-COFFEE.version).

Hi Cédric,

sorry for delay in the reply.

Our version tracking system tracks numbers in filenames. If we indicate
http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/ to the system, it will report 5.68 as
the latest, which is private. If we indicate http://www.tcoffee.org/ as
the page to monitor, then it will not find numbers, as the download link
leads to a file that has no version number in. To help us tracking your
releases, you can make a link to the latest official release in
http://www.tcoffee.org/, pointing to a file such as
http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/T-COFFEE_distribution_Version_5.65.tar.gz,
or do the same in another page of your site (why not
http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/T-COFFEE.version.html ?)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles