Re: Simple tools for assembling and searching high-density picolitre pyrophosphate sequence data.

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

Here is a recently published article for some bioinformatical tools.

Without having read the article:  Do you think it is relevant for us
and should we add it to the list of prospective packages?

The
reason why I forward it on this list is that they use an uncommon way to
promote their software: the provide instructions on how to download
Knoppix, download their tarball and use their software on a live CD
system?

Well, if it is relevant for us we should turn their stuff into
Debian packages and then teach these people about less questionable
ways to distribut their code.  Unfortunately I made the experience
that live CD addicts are sometimes as resistant against good advise
as their CD is writable. ;-)

The relevant webpage on Upstream's website is:

http://www-naweb.iaea.org/nafa/ipc/public/d4_pbl_6a.html

... which is a little bit short to find out something about the use
of the program.