Re: JEmboss ?

Le Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 02:13:56PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Is there any reason that JEmboss is
> not contained in our emboss packages or did I missed something?

The reasons are:

 1) My ignorance of Java,
 2) If we add Jemboss to a binary package, it has to go to contrib
    unless 1) is solved.
 3) If Jemboss is build from emboss and goes to contrib, all emboss has
    to go to contrib.

Sad situation... In the meantime, maybe you can recommend
emboss-explorer to him. It is a web frondend that works locally out of
the box. Also, I can try to increase the priority of emboss-kaptain in
my agenda.

Maybe we should spam the world with messages saying that Debian-Med is
willing to recruit Java experts ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy