Re: Google SoC (Bio DB manager)

Le Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:45:55PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Aidan Findlater wrote:
>
> >Oh, I forgot to mention that Debian is the best distro, and Vi is the best
> >editor. Hopefully that last one doesn't get me disqualified...
>
> Well, the first statement increases your chances, but the second pushes
> you out! ;-)  Wait, last chance: What is better Gnome or KDE? ;-)))
>
> >>Are applications for the SoC biological database manager project are still
> >>open? I know it's last-minute, but I thought it can't hurt to ask. Please
> >>let me know if it is possible to still apply, and what I would need to do
> >>so.
>
> Just go to the GSoC page and apply as student.  I think it is not too late
> but I personally have no idea how to apply as student - I just found out
> how to apply as mentor. ;-)

Dear Aidan,

Google extended the application period for one week, so yes, our project
is still opened :)

Are you using Jabber ? My ID is charles@jabber.dunkklar.org. I am in the
Tokyo timezone. I am also mentor for the biological database manager
project. Do not hesitate to contact me for your application, privately
or on this list. I am not usually on IRC, so if you want to see me
there, please ping me before !

Do not hesitate to send us a screenshot of
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/student.html : I just get a message like
"Sorry mentors can not sign in as a student" !

Also, we can start to discuss to know each other a bit better. Just
start on this list if having the disucssion public is not a problem for
you. Otherwise, I think that we could have it with me and Andeas, who
are registered mentors, and with Steffen Möller who made a preliminary
draft in Perl, if he is available at the moment.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org