A getData Soc proposal ?

Le Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 09:35:22PM +0000, Steve McIntyre a écrit :

> >Is there an internal deadline for Debian ? For instance for a press
> >release inviting applicants to browse Debian's projects ?
>
> We don't have an internal deadline as such, but the sooner the
> better. We don't need a press release to invite the students - from
> past experience, they'll come running the moment that applications
> open! :-)
>
> You don't need to be too specific about your proposal(s) anyway, as
> they're only going to be guidance for the students when they make
> their applications. More hints at more ideas are probably better than
> one or two detailed specs...

Hi all,

I am proposing to extend Steffen's getData work into a Google Summer of
Code project, but since it would be hijacking, I will retract it if
Steffen does not answer positively on this list.

http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2008/biodata

The best would be to have something ready for the 17th of March.

There is no central plan for advertising the projects from Debian, but I
think that it would be great to post an announce on relevant newsgroups,
forums, and of course on www.debian.org/devel/debian-med. I would like
to mention the cran2deb project as well; I see it as equally important.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org