Re: Putting bugsx under group maintenance

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

Not that I have anything against group maintenance (I think it's good
for software), but I'm wondering why you think this particular package
has something to do with biology?

Once I found it under ...science/biology amongst really biology
oriented programs when I was searching for several med-bio targets.

Personally, I would say it has no more in common with biology than a
screen saver which displays colourful butterflies :-)

Yep - I had the same impression when I tried to find out what the
program really does.

The "bugs" it draws are just graphs of some functions.
Or is it the "genetic algorithm" that drives it that makes it
"biological" enough?

I was probably parsing these keywords and did not really checked
when I included it.

If you still think it makes sense to put it under debian-med's umbrella,
let me know and I'll do the necessary stuff.

Well, I think sorting out the licensing issue might be worth anyway
but we have business enough for other targets.

Sorry for the noise