Re: Debian-Med images for Amazon Compute Cloud?!?

Yes, it works great for science calculations.  I used about 15
machines or so to make a big quartet tree a while ago and it worked
great. [1] The two main problems I remember with Amazon EC2 were the
potentially changing dynamic IP address assignments and the chance
that you can lose all data if you terminate your instance.  But I
think both of these are mitigated now.  Such as with S3 as a storage
backend.  Cheers,

Rudi

[1]: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v444/n7119/full/444528a.html