Re: [med-svn] r1325 - trunk/packages/t-coffee/branches/upstream/current

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, David Paleino wrote:

I found that version number in
<http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/T-COFFEE.version>. Are we supposed to use that?

If yes, I believe that a simple watch file cannot suffice. We should add a
get-orig-source like this (not tested):

Recently there was a posting on debian-devel about excluding some
version numbers in watch files (works with version=4).  We might
check this and perhaps add this to the watch file but it will not
scale if upstream does not find a reasonable version numbering scheme.
SO the fix would be to educate upstream about this.

get-orig-source:
	wget http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/T-COFFEE.version
	ver=$(cat T-COFFEE.version | cut -d_ -f2)
	wget http://www.tcoffee.org/Packages/T-COFFEE_distribution_Version_$$ver.tar.gz \
		-O ../t-coffee_$$ver.orig.tar.gz
	rm -rf T-COFFEE.version

What do you think?

I'm always in favour of a get-orig-source target.