Re: drug databases

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 10:40:02PM +0100, paul van den berg wrote:

> as a pharmacoepidemiologist I regularly use drug databases. Most of them are
> non-free,
> but the ATC/DDD system is available free of charge.
> I have a shell script to wget the data from http://www.whocc.no/atcddd and a
> perl-script
> to convert it in a mysql database. Anyone interested?
>
> Since 1 jan 2008 the European Medicines Agency (EMEA)
> http://www.emea.europa.eu/
> publishes all public information under a CC-like license.
> I could make something similar to get this information in a database..

Yes, please !

Does your script turn the data into SQL statements ? That
would be *most* useful, much more than a mysql database as
such.

Also, there's a bunch of free drug databases around on the
net to various degrees of usefulness if you are interested.

If there'd be scripts to aggregate those into SQL insert
statements that would be most excellent.

The German data is here, btw:

	www.pharmnet.bund.de

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346