Re: Amide/libecat

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

    > What about libecat?

Libecat is fairly widely used and certainly non-free.  The ECAT7
codes[1] from STIR[2] may be an alternative, but I have never
looked into replacing libecat with it.  As I read it, the ECAT6
parts or STIR are still under the restrictive CTI license
(non-comercial use only), but the ECAT7 parts of STIR are
licenced under GPL and/or PARAPET[3].

I do not have a good idea of how many imaging systems are still
active that use ECAT6.  There are certainly some using ECAT7, so
ECAT7 support is quite important.  In fact, I use non-free
versions of (x)medcon because ecat support is so vital.

Mike

[1] http://stir.sourceforge.net/documentation/doxy/html/group__ECAT.html
[2] http://stir.sourceforge.net
[3] http://stir.sourceforge.net/registration/

--
Michael A. Miller                               mmiller3@iupui.edu
  Imaging Sciences, Department of Radiology, IU School of Medicine