Re: Considering hijacking bioperl.

Le Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 06:13:36PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Is there any reason to use experimental instead of unstable?

Hi Andreas,

first of all, bioperl 1.5.2 is not the official stable release, so I
feel reluctant to replace 1.4.0 yet. Having it in experimental would
facilitate the preparation of packages depending on the next stable
release, however.

In addition, the package will recommend many perl libraries which are
not packaged yet. In many case, these libraries are not necessary for
core functionalities, so I guess that experimental is the correct
section for bioperl 1.5.2 for the moment...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org