Re: What is new in Debian-Med Etch ?

Le Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 09:42:12PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Michael Hanke wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately, I have little to add to the list of features of this
> >release (at least regarding debian-med), but the next release is
> >codenamed 'Neuro-Lenny' ;)
>
> One more thing I would like to see in Lenny is more Java support.

Hi Andreas,

I guess that you are not the only one ;)

Java support those days is still a bit of a pain, and I have to admit
that my policy is to wait that GPLed SUN Java gets pacakged in Debian
main before doing some difficult work. But definitely, when it will
happen, let us participate to the Java packaging frenzy that it will
trigger !

I have listed many java programs on the Debian wiki, and I think that
there will be enough work for many many more persons than we are. We
will have to motivate new java developpers to work for our project when
Java will have the momentum in Debian.

(And I am also lacking basic Java knowledge)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org