Re: Confusion about RAxML versions and copyright

Dear Andreas,

I'm currently browsing my mailbox for old mails to update my todo list.
I stumbled uppon your old mail to the Debian-Med list (full quote and
short summary because this is an English speaking list).

You mentioned the latest version of RAxML-VI-HPC (v2.2.3) is available
at

   http://icwww.epfl.ch/~stamatak/index-Dateien/Page443.htm

while giving the hint that there might be a drastically enhanced
version available at the end of this year.

Yes, I am currently working on it, you should get an email regarding this
hoepfully soon.

Even more importantly
you agreed to add a license statement to the software.  This is the
issue I why I ask once more to be sure when adding the record to
our TODO-list: Is it positively clear that you will use GPL (in
this case I would mention this).

Yes, that is correct, if I am not seriously mistaken I already added a GPL
license to the source code following you inquiry.

Moreover I found links to
AxParafit and AxPcoords on your homepage where the description says:

  AxParafit and AxPcoords are highly optimized versions of Pierre
  Legendre's Parafit and DistPCoA programs for statistical analysis
  of host-parasite coevolution. AxParafit has also been parallelized
  with MPI (Message Passing Interface) for compute clusters. We have
  used parallel AxParafit to carry out the largest co-evolutionary
  analysis to date for the paper describing the software.

This would probably be interesting as well for Debian-Med but there
is also no license statement available.

There is if you go to this page http://icwww.epfl.ch/~stamatak/AxParafit.html

"Manual, Source Code (under GPL), and Binaries"

Could you please comment on this?

Just go ahead.

Kind regards and thanks for linking Debian-Med on you page

Sure :-) Thanks for integrating my programs into debian-med.

Greetings from Athens,

Alexis

--
Dr. Alexandros Stamatakis

Postdoctoral Researcher
High Performance Computing Bioinformatics

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
School of Computer & Communication Sciences
Laboratory for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (LCBB)
STATION 14
CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland

Tel:   +41 21 69 31392 (Office)
       +41 796115849   (Mobile)