Re: Status of BALLView?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 06:26:27PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> In general, I think ballview makes sense to include in debichem, I'd be
>> happy doing that.
>
> What exactly do you mean when saying "include in debichem".  I personally
> have the feeling that debichem is missing a certain amount of documentation
> (and yes, my experience with Debian-Med says that it is really hard to get
> half of the needed documentation done).

It's mostly the subversion repository for collaborative packaging of
chemical or biochemical applications at svn.debian.org for now (plus a
related mailing list and irc channel).

Anything else (like a CDD) has not been done or even discussed yet.

> According to a private hint
> (and finally after making up my mind) the packaging stuff for BALLView
> is checked in into Debian-Med SVN at
>
>     http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/ballview/trunk/

OK, fine with me.

> but I don't think Debian-Med and debichem should compete in including
> their packages into their "own" SVN repository.  We have and we will
> have probably even more packages that fit in both fields so we should
> probably find a reasonable way to fit the needs of both projects.

Yeah.  In the end, it does not matter who maintains it where (unless
maybe one of the core debian-med or core debichem people use that
particular program extensively for their own use, maybe).  It only
matters that the package is available and can possibly be used for
whatever the projects decide to build upon Debian.

cheers,

Michael