Our policy for DM-Upload ?

Hello everybody,

fist of all, thanks a lot for your support for my application to the DM
keyring. I am now Debian Mainainer :)

The way it works is that the debian/control file of a source package
must contain the (XS-)DM-Upload: Yes field, and the Debian Maintainer
(DM) must be listed as an uploader, in order for him to upload that
package independantly. As a consequence, It usually needs one more
sponsoring before a DM can upload a given package by himself.

Since our de facto policy is to have in the Uploaders field only the
persons who regularly contribute to a package, I was wondering if it
would make sense to add the DM-Upload field to all our packages. We
still keep a good control of what is going on, since we scrutinize the
changes in the SVN through the diffs automatically sent to the
debian-med-packaging mailing list in Alioth, and since somebody freshly
accepted in the DM keyring will anyway not be able to upload packages in
which he never worked before.

If you agree, I will commit such a change. I am already listed in the
Uploaders field of the following pacakges:
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org
Would David become DM, it would give him upload rights to proda and
emboss-explorer, which are packages that he created.

Importantly, some packages do note evlove fast enough to desserve an
upload just for the DM-Upload field. I will ask sponsorship for the
fastest-evolving pacakges. I think that I will take the opportunity go
move emboss and related packages to the Debian-Med svn, as it was
proposed earlier.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy